The Sizzling Summer Sidewalk Sale in downtown Port Hope is fast approaching.
On Friday, July 13 and Saturday, July 14 the Heritage Business Improvement Area is proud to present a sidewalk sale that is fun for the whole family. Port Hope merchants and service providers join together to create a hub of activity right in the core of our picturesque community. Residents and visitors alike are invited to come and experience the entire District as a pedestrian friendly zone.
This year’s colorful Sidewalk Sale includes:
• Fare Share Food Bank will be collecting donations and pumping out the tunes provided by DJ Sounds Xtreme both Friday and Saturday on Walton Street.
• Collaborative Downtown Fashion Show – Saturday at 11:00 am – Gather round to see a selection of Port Hope fashion in full strut.
• Indian Reptile Zoo Presentation – Saturday afternoon at 1:00 pm – Come out and enjoy an educational and captivating wildlife presentation.
• Children’s activities – Friday and Saturday – including face-painting, bouncy castles, obstacle course, free popcorn and snow cones!
• And of course – all day both days – incredible and creative merchandise displays and unique shops full of Sales Sales Sales…
Bring your sense of adventure and discover the treasures of downtown Port Hope. The sidewalk sale runs rain or shine!
Also this weekend:
Family Fishing Day and Derby
Join in celebrating Ontario Family Free Fishing Week, permitting license-free fishing for all, by attending the Family Fishing Day & Derby on Friday July 13 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Children under 18 years of age can enter to win prizes for the longest fish, the widest one and the most caught! Registration will be set up just north of the Port Hope Marina along the magestic Ganaraska River. Some equipment available on loan. Visit www.ontariofamilyfishing.com for more information.
Family Fire Safety Day and Candlelight Christmas Yard Sale
The Candlelight Christmas Yard Sale & Family Fire Safety Day runs from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm on Saturday, July 14, in Port Hope’s Memorial Park. Donations accepted at the Band Shell Friday evening.
There is never a shortage of activity in historic Port Hope. These event come to fruition through the passionate dedication and teamwork of the local merchants and community volunteers. See you this weekend in Port Hope!